Guest & Associate Safety Standards
As always, the safety of our guests, members, and associates is our highest priority and we want you to feel confident when visiting our properties. Please know that in light of the COVID-19 situation, we have chosen to enhance our cleaning procedures and staff training to match the preventative measures outlined by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and reopening guidelines established by the state of Wisconsin.
What precautions does The Ridge Hotel take?
Our Housekeeping team is fully trained on procedures to prevent coronavirus spread and thoroughly cleans and disinfects all public spaces and each guest room. In addition, frequent touch-points in public areas are repeatedly disinfected throughout the day and hand-sanitizing stations have been added throughout the property. Moreover, our Maintenance team regularly disinfects all PTAC units both in guest rooms and atop our buildings.
Specifically with regard to guest rooms:
- Before each shift, our Housekeeping staff is cleared for work with a health screening that includes temperature checks and a health questionnaire.
- Staff is provided fresh masks and gloves, which are always changed between guest rooms and after cleaning bathrooms.
- Windows are opened to increase air circulation during the cleaning process.
- All hard surfaces are first cleaned then disinfected. Touchpoints — including remotes, clocks, thermostats, coffeemakers and ice buckets — are cleaned and sanitized.
- Soft surfaces, such as furniture and carpeting, are cleaned with soap and water, if needed, then disinfected with an EPA-registered disinfectant.
- Towels, linens and bedding are cleaned and bleached at our in-house commercial laundry facility at water temperatures of 140 F and drying temperatures of 160-180 F.
- Glassware in rooms has been substituted with disposable cups.
- Our Housekeeping managers oversee each room cleaning to ensure that hygiene standards are maintained.
- Housekeeping services are not performed when rooms are occupied. Please call the Front Desk for extra towels or other supplies.
Likewise, our dining facilities are adhering to guidelines set out by the Wisconsin Restaurant Association/ServSafe and state of Wisconsin.
- Before each shift, food & beverage staff are cleared through a health screening that includes temperature checks and a health questionnaire.
- To provide a safe dining experience, all staff are provided fresh and necessary PPE and those preparing and serving food wear face masks or cloth coverings.
- Food contact surfaces are sanitized after each use and high-contact areas such as doorknobs, buttons, and cooler doors are sanitized frequently.
- Tables are set a minimum of six feet apart to allow for ample social distancing and tables and chairs are sanitized between seatings.
- Each facility is led by a a certified food safety manager with ServSafe training and an up-to-date food handler’s license.
Specifically with regard to pool areas:
- we are encouraging guests to practice social distancing
- Spacing chairs a tables 6 feet apart
- Pool towels are available at the front desk to minimize handling
- We have increased our chlorine level and it is effective in negating the virus according to the CDC
What precautions should I take?
Please follow these CDC wellness measures, which emphasize frequent hand-washing for a minimum of 20 seconds, using a hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol, and avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Additionally, avoid close contact with people who are sick.
What if I want to cancel my trip?
While our standard cancellation policy is 72 hours prior to your arrival, we are evaluating each situation and working with our clients to present options for all parties involved. We encourage our guests to check with us at 262.245.7000 or [email protected] We are available for our guests and appreciate your patronage of The Ridge Hotel.
What are the closest medical centers and clinics to The Ridge Hotel?
1 mile/6 minutes away – Mercyhealth Hospital and Medical Center Walworth with 24-hour Emergency Room, N2950 WI-67, Lake Geneva, WI 53147, 262.245.0535.
5 miles/7 minutes away – Aurora Health Center with Urgent Care, 146 E. Geneva Square, Lake Geneva, WI, 53147, 262.249.5000
5.3 miles/16 miles away – Mercy Lake Geneva Medical Center, 350 Peller Road, Lake Geneva, WI, 53147, 262.249.0221
Where may I find the most up-to-date information?
For the most updated health information, please consult the following websites:
At the county level: Walworth County Public Health
At the state level, the Wisconsin Department of Health Services
At the national level, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
At the international level, the World Health Organization
Please know that we take the COVID-19 situation very seriously and will continue to stay in close communications with federal agencies and health organizations to ensure that we follow or exceed updated health guidelines. Should you have any concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at 262.245.7000 or [email protected] Thank you.
Naturally, if you are feeling at all under the weather or have traveled recently, please wait the requested 14 days before visiting The Ridge Hotel. Also, if you are in a high-risk category, we ask that you please take extra precautions.
Last updated 6-2-20